Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 20 minutes
Number of Servings: 8
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons seasoning (try a mixture-chili powder, garlic powder, ground cumin, pepper)
- 2 cups cooked meat (chopped or shredded), beans or tofu
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 °F.
- Wash bell peppers, remove seeds and cut into bite-sized pieces. Arrange pieces close together in a single layer on a large foil-lined baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine salsa, seasonings and meat, beans or tofu. Spoon the mixture evenly over pepper pieces then top with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes, or until peppers are heated through and cheese is melted. Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- For added flavor, top with chopped cilantro, green onions or black olives!
Find more healthy recipes online at MedlinePlus Healthy Recipes.